Wednesday, August 22, 2007

You are Set Free

Jesus laid hands on her and immediately she could stand up straight! An amazing story from Luke 13:10-17. A woman, bent over, by "a spirit of weakness" for 18 years was "set free" as Jesus touched her and proclaimed that she was.

Standing straight, facing the synogogue leaders who denounced her healing, what must she have thought? Recognized as important, even as a daughter of Abraham, by Jesus. She praised God. Her opponents were shamed. The people rejoiced!

From what do you need to be set free?

[preview of sermon "You are Set Free" - Good Shepherd UMC, Westminster, CA 8.26.07]

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2007 12:28 AM, Blogger Pastorius said...

From loneliness; but not loneliness as in, "I have no friends," but loneliness as in, I am seperate.

I am guessing everyone feels that way.

It is as if my chains are bars which imprison me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home