Tuesday, September 18, 2012

To Rest or Not to Rest?

In Genesis 2, God rested. And by all rights, He should have. It must have been tiring calming the chaos with light and birds and plants and people. It must have been peaceful then. Things were as they should be. Doing what they were created for. Something I just newly noticed the other day; man rested too. It came as quite a shock to me, actually. But the first act of humanity was to rest! God created us first to rest...in Him. This is a struggle for me. O, how I struggle to start my day with resting in God! I do pretty well for a while and then, I gradually let life's "important" things take precedence; promising I'll rest in God later, that day. Ya know, when I'm not so busy doing God's work. Ha! O God, separating from you was humanity's first sin. And it's still so easy to let distance from you slip in. What is your experience with the struggle for rest?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home